2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup castor sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
125g butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups large chocolate chips (or chunks)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Chocolate icing to finish (make according to your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Grease muffin tins.
- In large bowl mix together sifted flour, sugars, baking power and salt.
- In separate bowl mix together milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir to combine, then fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve topped with chocolate icing and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and pecans.
Makes 16 muffins.
Recipe taken from Baking Bible published by Penguin Books.
* * * * * * *
Because there is absolutely no way Jamie and I could eat 16 muffins while they are all fresh (unhealthy) I have frozen the muffins, which can then be reheated once in a while for a special treat.